Saturday, October 21, 2006

Diwali in Chennai...

It's Diwali today and it wasn't a lot of fun.

It's so damn cliche to say that it wasn't as good as last year. But that's exactly how it went, It was probably the most boring Diwali ever... (But as a matter of fact, I didn't celebrate Diwali last year, I was in Tokyo and I didn't bother to go to Diwali function organised by the Indian embassy)

On Saturday morning, we woke up early to watch the special programs on TV (which doesn't happen on Saturdays) We ate some chicken n mutton for lunch, Stel & I lit some sparklers n fireworks in the evening. Alan enjoyed the fireworks 50% courtesy other Hindu boys in the neighborhood). We had to go back as Alan didn't like the noise pollution torture of crackers & I couldn't put up with the drunk security guard who was bugging me Diwali inaam for 15 minutes! (Azim premji doesn't give a sweet box to his employees even after making 40% increase in profits last quarter and this bugger expects Diwali inaam from a Christian! Go f*&k yourself man!)

I don't remember celebrating Diwali after moving out of St.Joseph's colony.
Living in an apartment in Chennai, where I don't know 80% of the residents, I wasn't surprised abt none of them coming to my flat to deliver some sweets, or to exchange greetings. Perhaps most of them had already left for their native towns on Thursday night.

I wish I could go to St.Joseph's colony where I can meet my childhood buddies, chat abt every trivia, fire some crackers, eat some sweets prepared by Babu athai & Parithi athai but unfortunately none would be around to shake my hand!

We are all completely scattered out now but can we all meet in St.Joseph's colony someday?
It would be "Mission Impossible" but I would like to think that we can meet someday...
Xmas 2007 may be?

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Reshma said...

Now TicketGoose.com offering the best discounts and deals on all travels booking tickets, you have a facility to book your Bus Ticket through online.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home