Monday, October 16, 2006

The weekend...

I boarded Bangalore mail on Friday night and reached Bangalore on Saturday around 5 am. Inspite of all the windows being closed, it was pretty cold in the train and my sweater didn't seem to be good enough.

My brother-in-law Jerald's wife Reena confused the route directions a bit and we were stranded on jogupalya main road for a few minutes. A shopkeeper came to our rescue and provided us instructions to reach the destination but before we move ahead Reena & her son Euvan Bryan arrived to the spot and led us to their house.

The house wasn't big enough to accommodate 5 guests, so slept on any space that was available.

The landlord of the building wasn't worried about giving the tenants enough water, so we were stuck up with no water to take a shower. I had to go to Jerald's friend's house to take a shower in the evening (no heater, so I took bath in cold water in Bangalore chill weather!)

Beats me, why a network engineer with 36k p.m salary should take such a terrible house in such a bad area!

Tired of being stuck up in the small house with nothing to do other than watching TV, I tried to catch up with my friends but unfortunately Frank was sick with viral fever. (Frank is one of those guys who doesn't have to ask the medical shops to provide fake bills for medical reimbursements in the company. He falls sick for 2 days every quarter and gets bills more than his medical reimbursements limits!). My MCA classmate Doss called me up and asked me to meet him on Sunday evening for dinner.

So I was looking forward to Sunday, the birthday party at 12 noon and some wine & dine plans with Doss in the evening. My bother-in-law, oops I meant father-in-law, fell sick on Sunday morning around 6 a.m and had to be hospitalised for half a day. The birthday party plans were postponed to the evening and Doss's party goes for a toss.

I spent two days in Bangalore and I couldn't have a pint of beer! What a waste of time & money!

Alan had a good time playing with Bryan, I guess that was the only good part abt this trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home